Tuesday, July 6, 2010

Twigs2Fledge™ the Sequel

My kitchen windows overlook the backyard where the blue bird nesting box is set up. Currently I am monitoring the progress of brood number two of the 2010 season.  There were four eggs and incubation has be ongoing over the past couple of weeks.  I've pretty much been ignoring the box so that momma is not disturbed as she was spending many hours cooped up "cooking" the eggs. 
 
Today, after finishing up breakfast I noticed momma exit the box and my camera was within reach, so I quickly headed out back, grabbed the step ladder and took a quick peak.  Based on the timeline I have been following, I knew that they should hatch sometime this week.  I was thrilled that I caught the event when a single baby has hatched.  Pappa has been checking in pretty regularly today...and I hadn't seen him in quite some time.  Now I will check again tomorrow and see if we have progress with the other three eggs.  Stay tuned!

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...