Saturday, April 16, 2011

Will this be the Year? Purple Martins


I heard the wonderful music and looked up at the purple martin apartment that I put up a couple of years ago. There was a pair, checking the back and the front. In and out the compartments they went. They teased me last year with their arrival and got my hopes up that I would become a landlord, but it never happened.


The house is situated so they have a clear flight line and it overlooks the pond. There are plenty of "eats", so I think it is the perfect housing arrangement and I hope this year they do too! Although, I'm guessing they will eat my dragonflies, which saddens me, in a way. Stay tuned!

2 comments:

Carole Sevilla Brown said...

Keeping my fingers crossed that they do more than tease you this year!

PurpleMartins-R-Us said...

Situations like yours is when I suggest playing either dawnsong or daytime chatter. Makes them feel like they are not alone which will make your site that much more attractive. Let me know if you need help.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...