Saturday, November 3, 2012

So much for the Professor and Maryann


It's GONE! My island is GONE!

I took a walk back by the pond today and was surprised to see that my tussock had sunk so only the tops of the very tall grasses and sedges are showing.

My island appeared out of nowhere back in September 2011 shortly before Hurricane Irene, which was pretty much a non-event for me. It's now 2012 and shortly after Hurricane Sandy that, with the exception of losing my American flag to wind, was thankfully another non-event here. The island has gone back to where it came from...the bottom of the pond.


Just a month ago the tussock was crowded with lots of natives, perfect shelter for wildlife but I suppose the fish are enjoying it all now.

I'm rather sad to see it go. The Lord giveth and the Lord taketh away.

2 comments:

Donna@Gardens Eye View said...

Oh how sad and so interesting as to what happened. Lots of wind up here and we were lucky too.

Unknown said...

So that is your pond..how wonderful.. & hurricanes bringing &sinking islands.. The fush are eating Atlantis..!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...