Thursday, July 4, 2013

Gator-ette

I'm not indicating that this is a girl alligator, I haven't a clue.  What I am trying to convey is that it is a baby gator, maybe 1.5 ft long.  I'm rather glad that Albert, the 2.5 to 3 foot one has "left the building". 
 
 
Alexander (I thought it was a fitting name) was just sunning himself on the tussock (island).  I saw him one other day doing that dead man float thing in some deeper water. I'm not sure how they get here and where they go when they leave.  I just find it interesting that they DO find my little inland pond.  A friend Kim reports that they are capable of climbing a fence.  This one is small enough to fit under the gap of the back gate.  For a comparison of the two, it's like barbie shoes versus size 7s.
 
At any rate, I walk very carefully these days around the pond.  Don't want to be a peg legged gardener ;)
 
 

1 comment:

Donna@Gardens Eye View said...

That is just so cool...it looks so prehistoric.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...